1. Genesis - creation of first heaven and first earth. Revelation - new heaven and new earth.
2. Genesis - First Adam reigning on earth. Revelation - Last Adam reigning in glory.
3. Genesis-Night and seas are created. Revelation - No more night and no more seas.
4. Genesis - Bride brought to first Adam, Eve. Revelation - Bride brought to second Adam.
5. Genesis - Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden. Revelation - Tree of Life in the New Creation.
6. Genesis - Sin brings death and a curse. Revelation - No more sin, curse, or death.
7. Genesis - Satan appears for the first time.
Revelation - Satan appears for the last time.
1. Jesus Revealed Brings . . Adoration. v 17
A. The . . Worship of Adoration. v 17 a
"And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. "
1. The . . Witness from of Adoration.
v 17 a
"But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.
a. Note Jesus did not correct or stop worship. He allows worship because He is King of Kings
and Lord of Lords.
Illustration The Touch of the Master's Hand by
Myra Brooks Welch
'Twas battered and scarred, and the old auctioneer, Thought it scarcely worth his while
to waste much time on the old violin, But he still held it up with a smile:
"What am I bidden, good folks," he cried, "Who'll start the bidding for me?"
"A dollar, a dollar"; then, "Two!" "Only two? Two dollars, and who'll make it three?
Three dollars, once; three dollars, twice; going for three ..." but
From the room far back, a gray-haired man Came forward and picked up the bow;
Then, wiping the dust from the old violin, And tightening the loose strings,
He played a melody pure and sweet As a caroling angel sings.
The music ceased, and the auctioneer, With a voice that was quiet and
Said; "What am I bidden for the old violin?" And he held it up with the bow.
"A thousand! And who'll make it two? Two thousand! And who'll make it three?
Three thousand, once, three thousand, twice, And going, and gone," said he.
The people cheered, but some of them cried, "We do not quite understand
What changed it's worth." Swift came the reply: "The touch of the master's hand."
And many a man with life out of tune, And battered and scarred with sun,
Is auctioned cheep to the thoughtless crowd, Much like this old violin.
A "mess of pottage," a glass of wine; A game; and he travels on.
He is "going" once, "going" twice, He's "going" and almost "gone."
But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that's wrought By the touch of the Master's hand.
2. Jesus Revealed Brings . . Awareness.
"I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the
keys of Hades and of Death. 19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are,
and the things which will take place after this.
A. Awareness of . . Eternity. v 18 a
"I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen.
B. Awareness of . . Exclusions and Inclusions.
v 18 b
"And I have the keys of Hades and of Death."
An old story has the Pope going to heaven because Catholics think the Pope has the keys to Hades and Death. He found out the Baptist changed the locks.
C. Awareness of . . Exactness. v 19
"Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which
will take place after this.
Illustration Bruce Bawer authored an Opinion Column
in the New York Times in April of 1997 entitled
"Where Protestants Part Company" and in the column he claimed that American Protestantism is
being divided into "two nearly antithetical religions, both calling themselves Christianity...These two religions -- the Church of Law,,,, and the Church of Love,..... -- differ on almost every big theological point".
For example, the so called Church of Law promotes belief in: (I call this the Biblical Church)
1. God's wrath towards humanity for the sin in the
Garden of Eden and our continuing sin
2. The Bible is inerrant (without error). With few exceptions, it is to be interpreted literally.
All passages are useful for instruction.
3. Hell is a physical place of endless torment
4. Satan is a real entity with a profoundly evil personality who intimately affects individual lives and society as a whole. His influence over people and societies sometimes appears to exceed God's. Only born-again believers are protected from Satan's powers, and even they are not immune to Satan's evil works
5. Salvation and a future in Heaven can only be attained through repentance of sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. A relatively small percentage of the world's population will be saved; the vast majority are destined for Hell.
6. The "Pro-Life" message, restriction of women's access to abortion and continued criminalization of a person's access to physician assisted suicide.
7. The prime directive is the Great Commission which directs all believers to evangelize the world.
Meanwhile, the so called Church of Love promotes belief in: (I call this the Non Biblical Church)
1. God is a God of love who cares for all
2. The Bible is a grouping of books written over a 1000 year period that reflects religious diversity. The writings of its spiritual but human writers are to be interpreted in the light of the authors' culture and religious beliefs. Various passages are contradictory and must be carefully examined to understand what truths they hold for today. Other passages (like those regulating slavery, discriminating against the disabled, criminalizing homosexual behavior, and treating women and men differently) should be ignored.
3. Hell is a state of separation from God; it is not a place of eternal punishment to come.
4. Satan is a concept, and does not exist as a being with a personal identity. Satan is a simply a symbol of evil that must be overcome
5. Salvation and the afterlife will be provided for all persons of all religions and faith groups.
6. The "Pro-Choice" message, maintaining women's access to abortion and promoting access to
physician assisted suicide for the terminally ill.
7. The prime directive is the Great Commandment to love God and to love one's neighbor as oneself.
This sounds fine until you check it with the Word of God.
3. Jesus Revealed Brings . . Answers.
"The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden
lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven
lampstands which you saw are the seven churches. NKJV
A. Answers about the . . Seven Stars. v 20 a
20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden
lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, . . . "
B. Answers about the . . Seven Lampstands. v 20
". . . and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.
Illustration UNBELIEF CONFIRMS THE TRUTH
Bob Morey, who has an apologetics ministry in Southern California, was once asked by an aggressive atheist to prove the Bible's truthfulness.
Bob responded, "You prove the Bible to me every time you open your mouth."
Shocked, she asked how this could be true.
He asked her, "Do you fear God?"
She answered, "No."
"Well," he said, "you just proved that Romans 3:18 is true. 'There is no fear of God before their eyes.'"
He proceeded, "Is the gospel foolishness to you?"
He explained, "Well, you just proved 1 Corinthians 1:18. 'The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.'"
He continued, "Do you want your own way instead of living according
to God's way?"
She retorted, "I don't want God's way-I'll do as I please!"
He responded, "Well, you just proved Isaiah 53:6. 'Each of us has turned to his own way.' Every time you open your mouth you confirm the Bible by saying what it said you would say. Thank
you for making me a stronger Christian."
Even unbelief confirms the truth of what we believe!
Bill White, Paramount, California, from a personal conversation with Bob Morey in Sept. 2001
Jesus Revealed Brings . . Adoration.
Jesus Revealed Brings . . Awareness.
Jesus Revealed Brings . . Answers.